Statement of Faith
- In the inspiration and inerrancy of the Scriptures. We believe the Bible is the final authority in faith and practice.
- In the Trinity- God, the Father, God, the Son and God, the Holy Spirit. We believe that these three are separate entities of the Godhead, yet still One.
- The Bible reveals God, the creation and fall of man, the way of salvation, and God’s plan and purpose through the ages.
- Jesus Christ was and is fully God and fully man. He was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, died a vicarious death, was resurrected, ascended back into heaven, and is seated at the right hand of God the Father- making intercession for believers.
- Salvation is necessary for all men. It is provided only by God’s sovereign grace. It was accomplished by Jesus’ substitutionary atonement. It is received by repentance and faith.
- Salvation will result in a changed life. The believer is sanctified positionally at salvation, but must grow in his faith. The main agents for this growth are the Word of God, the Holy Spirit and the local church.
- In the literal, physical return of Jesus Christ to this world.
- In the bodily resurrection of the dead and the judgment of both the saved and the lost.
- In the everlasting conscious blessedness of the saved and the everlasting conscious punishment of the lost.
History and Mission
History: God’s Adventure Camp was founded in 1996 as a ministry arm of the First Baptist Church of Roulette, Pennsylvania. Bruce and Sheri Greene began ministering to youth in 1981 and started the camp ministry on their family farm. There are almost 400 acres and it is bordered by thousands of acres of State Game Lands. From humble beginnings, God has seen fit to bless this unique work for Himself in marvelous ways. The camp incorporated in 2010 and now runs almost the entire summer. Many retreats and other functions are held throughout the year. Hundreds of young people have made decisions for the Savior. A new 25 X 70 bunkhouse is under construction now.
Some of the specific activities offered are: canoeing, kayaking, swimming, camping, hiking, horseback riding, go carting, archery, riflery, crafts, boating, tubing, fishing, tetherball, big ball, volleyball, basketball, flag football, octoball, croquet, bocce ball, badminton, waterslide, paintball, frisbee, airsoft wars, paintball, miniature golf, pool, horseshoes, foosball, carpet bowl, ping pong, air hockey, playground, sledding, skiing, snowmobiling, tubing, animal husbandry and bicycling.
Mission: The goal of the camp is to provide an atmosphere and opportunity to introduce campers to Jesus Christ and then move them forward spiritually. The means to this end are a separated environment, godly counselors and workers, exciting activities, practical daily devotions, special speakers, services, singing and friendships.
GAC is committed to the Word of God, the sufficiency of Christ and practical holiness. We are conservative in every area but fun. We go all out to make sure each camper has an unparalleled experience of fun and growth.
God's Adventure Camp, located at 1011 West Branch Fishing Creek Road, Roulette, Pa. offers a wide variety of exciting activities combined with a strong emphasis on the spiritual health and welfare of each camper. Set and designed to remove the camper from his normal environment and lifestyle, the camp seeks to offer the camper a unique opportunity to experience God's creation, hear from godly speakers, study personal devotions, interact with genuine Christians, meet new friends, develop physical skills, mature social skills, conquer new challenges, and make spiritual commitments.